Our Club was organized in 1917 as the Savannah Boys' Club by Mr. Frank Callen, a local probation officer. In 1922, the Club became a member of the Boys Clubs of America. In 1954, the Charlton St. Club was renamed the Frank Callen Boys Club in memory of the organization's founder. The Savannah Club was a leader in national efforts to include girls by accepting girls as members in the early fifties. In keeping with the National Boys & Girls Club movement, the club officially changed its name to the Frank Callen Boys & Girls Club in 1992.
The Club has shown tremendous growth over the last 100 years and has been a positive influence in the lives of thousands of boys and girls. Many have become productive members of their communities and some have made outstanding achievements in athletics, politics, business, and in a variety of professional areas.